After the First Croatian Diaspora Congress 2014 held in Zagreb, the Second Croatian Diaspora Congress 2016 held in Šibenik, the Third Croatian Diaspora Congress 2018 held in Osijek, 2020 brings the Fourth Croatian Emigrant Congress. When it comes to Croatian emigrants’ relationship with their homeland, especially economic, cultural, political and other relations, one of the key issues was the issue of the return, for which we dedicate the Fourth Croatian Emigrant Congress: Return – reality of utopia 2020 in Zagreb.
The main topics of the Congress are:
1. The relationship between work and entrepreneurship in the return process
2. Institutional support for return
3. Return from an historical perspective
4. Youth education and return
5. Cultural politics and identities as part of one’s return
6. Demographic aspects of return
7. The role of the Catholic Church in preserving identity
8. Preserving Croatian national identity in the Diaspora through church, culture, language and sport
The list of topics does not restrict you from suggesting a new topic from your discipline or profession. The working languages of the conference are Croatian and English.
We ask that all those interested in attending the Congress submit a summary of their lecture and a short biography. The abstract should include: the title of the paper, the name of the author, the institution you are presenting, an abstract of no more than 250 words, and 5-7 keywords. The deadline for submission of the abstract is April 30, 2020. Papers from the Congress will subsequently be published in the Proceedings.